Monday, October 27, 2014

Labels

Tomorrow at CW, we will be having our annual Mix It Up day.  We have been pretty busy preparing our students to get excited about this day.  At some schools in the US, Mix It Up lunch is about putting up a few posters throughout the school and saying to students to sit with someone new.  At CW, Mix It Up ties into our Stand Up culture and our month long theme of empathy.

We started our week off today with our Hometown Hero assembly.  It was such an emotional experience for me as I saw high school students speak with confidence about who they are the labels they face from society.  It made me proud to be an FHC Ranger!  The students challenged our students to feel ok to just be who they are...to be comfortable with who they are.

Our students responded with enthusiasm for the challenge of living life without being defined by a label!  At Mix It Up on Tuesday, our students will have the opportunity to begin to move past labels and understand the unique differences that makes every student at CW amazing.

I challenge us all to move beyond the labels that society makes...I am me!


No comments:

Post a Comment