Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Home

During the day today, I thought a lot about the word "home."  My wife, Renae, and I were in Royal Oak this morning closing on our house.  We felt very fortunate to be able to sell it so quickly.  In thinking about the word home, I came to realize it is much more than a house made of brick and wood...I believe home is where one is surrounded by people who care.  I am thankful that my family will soon be in a house in Forest Hills and be surrounded by such a caring community.

While I spoke with families at Curriculum Night tonight, I was so thankful that so many families choose to call Central Woodlands "home."  We really are a school family that support each other throughout the year. Central Woodlands is a "home away from home" for our students and staff and it is an environment built on caring.

I hope you were able to make it to Curriculum Night to see our "home."  I feel honored to have Central Woodlands as one of my homes!

Have a great night!

David Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment