Friday, February 28, 2014

The Positive Dog

Good Morning on this very chilly last day of February.  I hope this is winter's last gasp and that we can start to see warmer temperatures in March!  On twitter this week, I came across some tweets from the author, Jon Gordon. Jon Gordon has written multiple books and speaks on being positive and optimistic.  This week in my staff newsletter, I shared a video from Jon Gordon.  You can watch that video below.  His talk was based on his book, The Positive Dog. This is wonderful read and would encourage you to read it and even share it with your children.

From my experiences, I have really tried to live with a sense of positivity and optimism.  A lot of our day can be determined by our attitudes and how we face the unexpected events in our lives.  I believe that students can feel this positive energy and their days will be brightened as well.


In talking with students, I often use the quote, "In order to have a rainbow, you need some rain."  This positive message applies seamlessly to our Stand Up campaign where we work to support students’ ability to be resilient.  Our students will face different obstacles during the day and how they respond to them can determine the level of success they experience.  By keeping positive and feeding their "Positive Dog," students will be able to handle anything that happens!






No comments:

Post a Comment