Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Road Less Traveled

“Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Watching my daughter has been pure joy.  At 1 year, she is beginning to discover an entire world around her ready to be explored.  She is full of life…especially when she does not get what she wants.  She inspires me every day of my life.  More importantly, I think she has been able to teach me so much.  As adults and students, we often become familiar with taking the path of other, to march in the direction of everyone else.  It is easier to take a path where others have gone before us.  But in thinking about my daughter, I wonder what would happen if she just took the path?  My daughter is fearless…I do not think she sees paths…she sees opportunities.  I love that about her!  Despite us trying to teach her to stay close to us or on her chair, she loves to venture off to discover new and wonderful things.  She loves to make new paths and leave her mark on the world…


Make new paths and leave your mark on the world…sounds like that could be a mission statement for a school.  Whether you are a parent, teacher or student…we can all create new paths of opportunity and use our creativity and courage to explore life.  This is what Central Woodlands is all about!  I encourage our young people to grab their walking shoes and start making trails…

No comments:

Post a Comment