Friday, August 30, 2013

Happy People

When I was on Twitter this week, I came across a tweet from a colleague that made me think...It was about things that "Happy People Do Differently."  Instantly my interest was peaked...who doesn't want to be happy?  I found the article to be refreshing and affirming of many of the ways I try to live my life and to the many conversations I have with students.  As I read, I changed the words from "Happy People" to "Happy Students."  Rewriting it from a student perspective made me even more excited to start the school year on Tuesday!  I can't wait to see our CW students and the choices they will make that creates happiness throughout the building.  Through my role as a principal, I have found some of my most rewarding moments are the conversations I have with our young people. Students love to be sponges...soaking up the life lessons learned as they navigate through their school years. I am honored to be a small part of their journey and try to offer students some of these lessons of happy people.

Here is the link to the article: 10 Things Happy People Do Differently

For those short on time, here is the abbreviated list:


1. Happy people find balance in their lives.
2. Happy people abide by the golden rule.
3. Happy people don’t sweat the small stuff.
4. Happy people take responsibility for their actions.
5. Happy people surround themselves with other happy people.
6. Happy people are honest with themselves and others. 
7. Happy people show signs of happiness.
8. Happy people are passionate.
9. Happy people see challenges as opportunities.
10. Happy people live in the present.

2 comments: