Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Obstacles

Last week I was engaged in a highly competitive toy car race with my son Cole.  He is 4 and loves to race his cars.  He has a lot of fun and always has an "I will win every time" attitude.  He wanted to add a new twist to our races and asked me to put some obstacles on the race track (which is a rug in our house).  I added some shoes and other objects to create some obstacles.  Those obstacles didn't slow him down...without thinking he kept on racing and made a new path around those obstacles.

I was talking to a parent today about the anxieties of starting at a new school.  She was surprised in how comfortable her daughter felt about the transition to a new school. In meeting with many of our students today, I was so impressed with their excited outlooks on the upcoming school year.  I saw the same excited outlook that my son had of not letting any obstacle slow them down when they shared with me their excitement in starting the school year.

I am thankful for the wonderful families and staff of Central Woodlands as they are a major reason why our students are excited and prepared to start the year.  Our teachers and staff are such a wonderful and caring group of adults who do everything they can to remove any obstacle for our students in feeling comfortable starting the year.  

Our families are so supportive of the partnership between home and school and this was evident in the many conversations I had today. I want to offer a personal thanks to all the families that I met today.  I felt so welcomed to be part of the Central Woodlands family.  I am honored to serve this community.

I can’t wait to see all of our students on Tuesday…it will be a GREAT day and year!


David Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment